Product Designer (100% Remote in Denver, New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Diego or Menlo Park)
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Remote Options: The position is 100% remote to the locations below:
- Denver, CO
- New York, NY
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Menlo Park, CA
We are seeking a Product Designer on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. In this role, you will be involved in helping the Client's Creation team with their Design System, specifically for crossposting across the Family of Apps. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design and systems thinking skills. You are expected to work closely with another Product Designer who knows the Content Liquidity flows really well, comes to good design decisions, and reliably executes through the phases of a project without a great deal of oversight.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product, engineering, and design our Client's partners to influence their growth strategy and design solutions for Content Liquidity (crossposting) at a system level across the company.
- Iterate and improve upon our Client's existing Reels crossposting flows on our Client to provide more producer value and simplify the mental model of sharing Reels across apps.
- Document best practices and guidelines for using our Client's company design systems for Content Liquidity.
- Create a Figma library of standardized components to increase efficiency and consistency when designing new experiences.
- Opportunities outside of Content Liquidity may present themselves from time to time, supporting our Client's Growth+ pillar with contributions to their company.
- Build and maintain a design system that’s familiar and intuitive across the companies.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the design and Design system teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our Client's bar for quality.
- Partner with designers and the Client's Design Systems team to oversee the system of Content Liquidity design documentation system.
- 5+ years of application design experience
- 5+ years of experience in building a design system.
- 5+ years of strategic product thinking and vision experience.
- Experience building systems in Figma is a plus.
- Experience working with other product designers.
- Proven ability to communicate cross-functionally and across teams.
- Strong interaction design, auditing, and product thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% Remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.