Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a User Experience Researcher on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs.
What you'll do:
- Plan and execute rigorous end-to-end custom primary research using the right methodology (esp. qualitative methods), and partner with Data Science to distill data-informed UX recommendations.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (Product Management, Product Design, Engineering) and other researchers in refining research approaches and making insights-based product recommendations.
- Deliver actionable research insights that make our product experiences measurably better.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience, and across organizational boundaries.
- 3+ years of experience conducting qualitative user experience research in a corporate environment, including concept-testing, usability, interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, and ethnography.
- Experience with remote and in-person research.
- Experience working with backend corporate functions (e.g., Finance, HR, Compliance, IT backend).
- Experience working in-house in at at-least a medium-sized company (10k employees).
- Experience with autonomy and independent execution.
- Ability to see projects through.
- Some experience working in management consulting or other roles that are about analyzing and improving organizational setups.
- Strong influencing skills with experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences (incl. diverse functions, seniority, and different research artifacts).
- Impeccable research rigor and ability to deliver polished outputs in speech and writing.
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience.
- Enthusiasm and experience in working on internal tools and enterprise software.
- Master in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Political Science or related fields.
- Ph.D. in an empirical discipline is preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be on-site at our customer’s Menlo Park, CA office once it is determined safe to do so.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later. The expected Return to Office date is July 2022