You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
TMP Diversity Statement
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About this role:
Serve as a Senior Data Analyst on the Talent Cloud Operations team. This person will report to the Director of Talent Cloud Operations. The Sr Analyst will be a strategic partner who provides valuable insight for business enablement for continuous organizational improvements regarding clean data, steering data reporting and outlining quality metrics to set TMP up for success.
What you will do;
- Performs program deep dives to identify business problems and opportunities for efficiency improvements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define action-oriented metrics, determine quarterly targets, and monitor results for OKR reporting
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Assist with ongoing data architecture processes and governance
- Perform data reconciliations to identify data anomalies
- Perform data quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Assist in maintenance, backup and security of business data to prevent loss
- Backup and restore data to prevent loss
- Make and test modifications to database structure when needed
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 7+ years of proven work experience in a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst role.
- Lean Six Sigma
- Experience in SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good understanding of Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks.
- Experience working with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, or DOMO.
- Good understanding of data modeling and analytical algorithms (including forecasting and modeling).
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub.
- Experience working in AWS environment primarily EMR, S3, Redshift, Athena, etc. preferred.
- Experience with data warehouses/RDBMS like Snowflake & Teradata.
- Ability to cleanse, curate, and manipulate data; as well as visualize and storytelling the results of an analysis
- Clear communication and storytelling via presentations, key performance metrics, reports, and data.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and result-oriented; and should be able to work with minimal direction.
- Effective communication skills (with team members, the business, and in code)
- Will be technically proficient and excel at collaborating with engineers, analysts, and business partners.
- Be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
- Career Pathing
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.