Technical Writer (100% Remote in Baltimore, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, San Diego or Seattle)
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Remote Options: The Position is 100% remote to the locations below:
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking a Technical Writer on a contract basis to help support our customer’s business needs. This role is responsible for providing technical documentation, code samples and tutorials for the work teams are delivering to creators supporting efforts for online, multiplayer, immersive game platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and approve material for standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Review and approve edits or changes made to the material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with the client to establish technical specifications and to determine the subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Strong mentoring skills are necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Strong knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Strong knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% Remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.