Our customer offers automobile, homeowners, and other personal lines of insurance to members across 23 states and the District of Columbia. For decades, they’ve brought peace of mind to members by looking to protect their belongings, find solutions to problems, settle claims and get their lives back on track. With more than 100 years of history, our Customer is one of the most trusted brands in America.
Our customer is looking for a Program Manager on a contract basis to help support their ongoing business needs. This role manages multiple projects and cross-functional teams of 10+ resources spread across multiple geographical locations through meetings and progress measurement activities which bring specific projects to completion both on time and within budget. This role will also receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals, work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends, and acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
***Please note, this will be a part-time (20 hours per week) rather than a full-time position.***
What You’ll Do:
- Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Define and/or reviews the statements of work for all projects, and identify cross-project dependencies.
- Develops and/or reviews an audience list, and determines how much involvement is necessary from the stakeholders, SMEs, and other team members.
- Determines and assesses the need for additional staff and makes the appropriate recruitments during the project cycle.
- Provides clarity on roles and responsibilities, identifies risks, restrictions, and constraints of the project, and verbalizes assumptions.
- Develops a project strategy to mitigate risks, and researches the organization's approach for similar projects.
- Conducts and presents a feasibility study/cost-benefit analysis to the business stakeholders.
- Clearly defines project objectives, sets goals, and determines measures to track progress.
- Develops project schedules, and estimates span times for all activities in all projects.
- Identifies all dates that must be met, and develops a schedule for regular project meetings and progress reports.
- Creates Gantt charts for all projects, and identifies skills and knowledge necessary to perform all project activities.
- Ensures that resources are available throughout the project, and develops and reviews project budgets.
- Consults with Strategic Sourcing to determine the costs of resources, and prepares a detailed budget estimate.
- Seeks approval for the budget estimate, and coordinates with Finance to set up charge codes.
- Monitors all project activities to determine if budget revisions are necessary identify risks, and assess the potential effect on the project.
- Develops and recommends plans to mitigate risks, and monitors the status of risks throughout the project.
- Informs key audiences of these risks.
- Creates a well-organized team, and selects and determines the team's operating practices and procedures.
- Develops team assignments for all projects at the same time so Project Managers can identify and resolve conflicts according to correct priorities.
- Consults with people on other projects doing similar work to find out if they need the same resources during the same time period.
- Prepares written Work-Order Agreements for all team members to clarify the level and timing of commitments and highlight any existing conflicts.
- Ensures that objectives are accomplished for all projects within time and budget targets.
- Regularly reviews schedule performance against plans and handles problems that arise.
- Assesses project status by comparing actual activity/event dates to planned dates.
- Evaluates the hours budgeted for all projects., and compare the actual hours spent to the budgeted hours.
- Encourages Project Managers to record the actual hours worked.
- Reviews and evaluates financial expenditures with Project Managers and ensures that they are in accordance with all the project plans.
- Implements corrective actions when the performance deviates from the project plan.
- Exhausts all possible strategies and approaches to get the projects back on track.
- Revisits the project plan and adopts a new baseline if and when necessary.
- Ensures that progress reports on all projects are thorough and timely.
- Reviews performance highlights, details, problems, risks, changes, and next steps, and conducts efficient meetings.
- Prepares an agenda. Keeps clients informed and committed.
- Motivates team members by providing constructive feedback and by reiterating the value of achieving the project goal, the attainability of the goals, the progress made by the team, and the rewards for reaching the goal.
- Resolves priority, work approach, or interpersonal conflicts.
- Controls project changes by collecting relevant information, evaluating the performance compared to the plan, and sharing the results.
- Contributes to team members' performance appraisals, and obtains all required approvals from the client.
- Ensures that all outstanding transactions are resolved and reconciled.
- Ensures that all project work efforts or expenditures posted to incorrect accounts are adjusted and that no future charges can be made to the project's accounts.
- Acknowledges and recognizes team members for their efforts, and creates a plan for the team members' transition.
- Conducts post-project evaluations, and assesses project results, activities, and processes.
- Recognizes projects' achievements and people's contributions.
- Identifies techniques and approaches that worked and ensures that they will be used in the future.
- Identifies techniques and approaches that did not work and ensures that they are not used again in the future.
- Key technologies: MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Jira
- Skills in Tableau are nice to have
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Hours & Location
- M-F, 20 hours/week. This position is 100% remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits Program.
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors who plan to be onsite to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines. Prior to coming into our offices, contractors will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated.