You are a mission-driven, people-obsessed builder and champion of amazing cultures. You can embrace opportunities, challenges, and change with measure and composure. You care about changing the landscape for mothers, who have historically been undervalued in the economy. You are a fearless and collaborative leader and communicator. You are detail-oriented, you excel at working cross-functionally to get things done, and you thrive in hypergrowth. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
The Mom Project is a remote-first Series C stage startup that is unlocking the potential of moms. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible leadership team and a team of advisors, including the GOAT, Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform business leading a cultural movement. To date, our platform has unlocked over $200M in earning potential by connecting our 500,000+ moms and mom-supporters with opportunities at world-class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy, and Nike ...and we’re just getting started.
About the role
The Mom Project is embarking on an exciting period of rapid people growth across our teams. Within this stage of rapid growth, we are seeking a dynamic, strategic, hands-on Chief People Officer to help us further develop our team, people strategy, and culture. The Chief People Officer will drive people strategy across the company, leading on talent, diversity, and inclusion, learning and career development, collaboration and org design, and benefits. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives given an open canvas and can successfully bring new ideas to life. This role reports to the CEO and will work closely with the Leadership team.
- Lead a people-centric strategy that will scale our team to 300+ employees over the course of the next 18 months and beyond. This includes talent acquisition, employee experience, total rewards, DE&I, company policies, and company culture and practices.
- Lead a team of talented people leaders and subject matter experts across our People Operations team.
- Expand our internal people / TMP team recruitment organization. Partnering with the Director of TA on the acquisition side while building a culture and process that will allow for low turnover and attrition.
- Evolve our DEI strategy, goals, and metrics that ensure an inclusive culture where employees can grow and thrive.
- Work with our teams to develop performance management and learning and development strategy that gives TMP’s employees unparalleled potential for growth.
- Establish a total rewards strategy that optimizes TMP’s compensation, equity, and benefits programs and will enable us to attract and retain the best talent, all while balancing the bottom line and business objectives.
- Implement a people analytics strategy to gather data, research & evidence across the employee lifecycle to enable us to make informed and effective people-related decisions.
- Oversee our company team-building and employee events and programs to ensure our employees are engaged and TMP’s culture is something our employees are excited to be a part of.
- Serve as TMP’s internal SME on how to best support remote work and “be a student of” distributed team best practices
- Elevate our employer branding to ensure we’re reaching the best possible talent, wherever they are.
- Play an active role in board-level discussions pertaining to people growth strategy, key people metrics and direction at TMP.
- Be an external spokesperson for TMP - change starts from within and we must hold ourselves to the highest bar so we can share best practices with our customers, partners, and allies in change and thought leadership.
- You are an experienced HR Executive who has the capabilities to lead the People team and be a strategic member of the Executive team.
- You have experience growing world-class diverse teams from 100+ to 500+
- You are an experienced and forward-thinking DEI Leader. You have built systems and an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive.
- You are a strategic leader on all things total rewards. You have led the strategy, design, and execution of the company's global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in your past.
- You are a people analytics nerd. You have led strategies for the people analytics function that uncover data-driven metrics & insights to better attract, hire, engage, develop and retain an organization's most important asset - people.
- You have created performance management systems that empower managers to operate at scale. You have created a performance management program that is focused on strategy, tools and processes that enable employees to deliver peak performance against business goals.
- You have overseen a Talent Acquisition function that has scaled an organization that is doubling headcount quarter over quarter.
- You have a track record of leading strategic HR leadership success at high-growth companies. Your 10+ years of experience spans companies achieving $50-100M ARR.
- You have expertise in organizational design, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning.
Why you’ll love working here
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.