You are a mission-driven, customer-obsessed, data-driven product builder. You can wrestle opportunities, challenges, and change with measure and composure. You care about changing the hiring landscape for mothers, who have historically been undervalued in the economy. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator and obsess over intuitive and joyful user experiences. You excel at working cross-functionally to get things done, and you thrive in hypergrowth. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
The Mom Project is a remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform business leading a cultural movement. To date, our platform has unlocked over $100M in earning potential by connecting our 400,000+ moms, dads, and allies with jobs at world-class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy, and Nike and we’re just getting started.
But don’t just take our word for it:
“This isn't just intent, it's actionable change. Real-world impact towards a complicated challenge. For us moms who are trapped in the midst of big career goals, wonderful, beautiful babies with many needs (so many needs!) and trying to make the math work with childcare and beyond ... I'm so appreciative.” (from a member of our community)
What we’re looking for:
We’re searching for a sharp, energetic, and experienced Chief Product Officer who has experience building platform software businesses to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll be the author and chief guardian of our product vision and you’ll lead talented teams of product managers, product designers, and product researchers. You’ll obsess over the details of delighting our moms and customers while staying focused on our goal of delivering 3X YoY revenue growth.
This role will report to the CEO.
- As a key member of the executive team, the Chief Product Officer is in charge of a broad scope of product-related activities:
- Understand the ecosystem that TMP operates in and do a competitive analysis in order to define an effective product vision and strategy.
- Product design
- User research
- Product development
- Product growth and marketing
- Product analytics and metrics
- Structuring the product organization
- Building nimble and exceptional teams with top-notch talent
Requirements for Candidacy:
- A minimum of 15 years experience in product management or development, with some of that time spent building and leading a marketplace business
- Previous relevant managerial and leadership (VP+) experience being a “manager of managers” with the ability to influence and motivate others and guide successful product management teams
- Excellent business acumen, interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer obsession
- Understanding and experience analyzing numerous product metrics, both qualitative and quantitative to make fast decisions
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with numerous business functions such as Engineering, - Data Science, Marketing, Research, Operations, Sales, etc.
- Possess a data-driven yet creative mindset that is oriented towards solving problems
- Resiliency from working in startups
- Experience leading remote teams
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Competitive Base + Variable Comp
- Company built on Values
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in unlocking the potential of moms in the workplace!