Community Freelance Writer
Future of Work Talent Marketplace
You are someone who brings your life experience and storytelling expertise to create engaging content that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents.
You are a self-starter, scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges in fast paced environments with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to connect.
The Mom Project is a marketplace and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Mom Project is looking for an experienced Community Freelance Writer with a strong understanding of our audience to develop valuable, relevant and timely content for our growing member base. Reporting to the Content & Email Strategy Manager, you’ll work with our team to develop deeply engaging content that supports our members throughout their working motherhood journey.
If you’re looking for your next opportunity to join a high-growth, mission-driven team where you can make an impact on day one, let’s talk.
In this role, you’ll:
• Research, outline and write compelling articles and blog posts that support and empower women throughout their working motherhood journey
• Edit and proof content to adhere to brand guidelines
• Submit work to internal team for feedback and approval
• Support copy development for marketing communications
• Interview subject matter experts and partners to tell stories that resonate with our member base
• Participate in Content meetings and pitch highly-relevant topics
• Leverage SEO best practices in writing
The skills, experience and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
• Portfolio of writing samples
• Passion for the brand, naturally!
• The ability to deliver high quality and unique content in an efficient and timely matter, and iterate quickly in response to feedback
• Ambitious and self-driven; ability to meet and manage deadlines while working on multiple projects
• Understanding of SEO best practices and content strategy
• Experience working in long and short-term formats
• Experience working in a high-growth startup or lifestyle brand a plus
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.