Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Content Policy Associate on a contract basis to join our Customer’s Content Policy Stakeholder Engagement team. Content Policy is the team that creates policies to govern what people can share on Customer and how advertisers and third-party developers interact with the site. The Stakeholder Engagement team works with other members of the Content Policy team to improve our policies based on external expertise and input.
What You’ll Do:
● You will support the Stakeholder Engagement team’s efforts to understand the global landscape of Internet-related advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations, and to integrate external perspectives into our content policies.
● You will help develop a strategy for engaging with thought leaders in relation to our content policies, including our Community Standards, Ad Policies, and policies that touch on ranking and distribution of content.
● You will be responsible for understanding both Customer’s company priorities, and for helping the team integrate external feedback to serve the company and the people who use our services.
● 2+ years of experience in a public policy field
● Experience working with governmental or non-governmental organizations
● Experience with project management and effective prioritization
● Experience in collaboration between technology companies and the civil sector
● Experience in developing policies for content moderation, internet advertising, or related technology areas
● Experience in local stakeholder engagement initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in law, journalism, policy, international relations, business, corporate social responsibility, or equivalent field
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Menlo Park, CA office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
● Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
● Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
● New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)