You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
What we’re looking for:
The Mom Project is hiring an exceptional senior communicator to lead our Corporate Communications. This person will be responsible for designing and delivering an integrated strategy for business, consumer, financial, reputational, company, and executive communications. They will design and execute a high-impact comms strategy that tells the story of The Mom Project's long-term brand ethos, vision, strategic differentiators, and value proposition to our stakeholders - and do so in a way that continues to enhance our reputation as a force for positive impact and progress.
In this role, you'll get the opportunity to:
- Lead and execute our Corporate Communications body of work, be responsible for shaping The Mom Project's narrative and proactively telling our story via key moments, company announcements and brand assets
- Oversee external company communications initiatives that articulate The Mom Project's corporate and employer brand, such as the release of TMP's business impact, company policies, Werklabs research, DEI reports, executive hires, and noteworthy news
- Oversee internal company communications initiatives that articulate The Mom Project's news, policies and point-of-view during key cultural moments and world events
- Work with agency partner to drive The Mom Project's brand narrative through media relations and tailor that overarching narrative to specific audiences and reporters in ways that are relevant and resonant
- Develop communications campaigns that tell the story of The Mom Project's positive impact on behalf of our stakeholders and serve to protect and enhance corporate reputation. Manage The Mom Project's reputation measurement work and drive the dissemination and integration of insights into our business and messaging
- Coordinate with other senior leaders across our business to maximize the impact of The Mom Project's external storytelling and ensure message alignment.
- Work closely with and provide counsel and exposure opportunities to key cross-functional stakeholders, particularly at the executive level
- Oversee a team who will gain motivation and inspiration from your skills as an excellent team leader
We are excited about you because:
- You have 10+ years experience building and executing high-profile corporate, brand and executive communications campaigns that ladder up to business priorities
- You are an innovative and creative thinker who can articulate a compelling vision and get down into the lowest level of detail in order to execute it
- You have deep experience working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You are confident in managing high-level internal and external stakeholders and have a reputation for working effectively with cross-functional partners
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive work under tight deadlines
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in unlocking the potential of moms in the workplace!