You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
TMP Diversity Statement
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Data Analysts to identify high-impact analytical problems that drive our product strategy and roadmap
- Find innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling
- Drive creation, alignment, and communication of success metrics, forecasting, and goal tracking
- Lead cross-functional and cross-team relationship building and collaboration with product, user research, design, and engineering teams
- Deeply empathize with our Employer and Talent users to get to the core of what they need and help translate into product requirements
- Clearly communicate key analyses and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and leadership team
- Drive organizational and behavioral changes to improve data maturity
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience building and managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development
- 8+ years of experience with quantitative analysis
- Previous relevant managerial and leadership experience with the ability to influence and motivate others, align stakeholders, and communicate effectively
- Strong product intuition, experience working with large data stores, and a passion for working in a mission driven culture
- You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product
- Experience and comfort with A/B testing and translating results into product recommendations
- Have a natural curiosity that overcomes obstacles to get answers and enjoy being scrappy and resourceful to solve ambiguous user problems
- Willing to pitch in and get your hands dirty as needed
- Experience developing and guiding the organizational implementation of data governance maturity model (nice to have)
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Comp
- Career pathing
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Pet insurance
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.