You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of Engineering Managers that develop products for our core marketplace.
- Collaborate with your Product counterpart to define the vision and strategy for your product area alongside cross-functional stakeholders.
- Coach your team to successfully architect, develop and launch products on time with the right quality.
- Work with your direct reports to help them grow as engineers and managers. Foster an exciting and inclusive culture.
- Present your team’s work across cross functional teams and externally to raise awareness of the Engineering @The Mom Project brand.
- Work with your team to attract and retain talent.
The experience you’ll bring:
- 8+ years experience in engineering management; B2C and/or marketplace experience is a plus
- Previous relevant managerial and leadership experience with the ability to influence and motivate others, align stakeholders, and guide successful engineering teams.
- Experience working with product and design teams to influence decision making.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to understand trade offs between quality and speed to define team strategy.
- A history of building systems that capture and utilize big volumes of data in order to understand performance via metrics.
- Proven track record of successful product launches.
- Experience in building and scaling teams.
- Possess a data-driven yet creative mindset that is oriented towards solving problems
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Competitive Comp
- Career pathing
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Pet insurance
- We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.