You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
TMP Diversity Statement
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
The Mom Project is looking for an engineering manager to work on our Talent Experience team. The Talent Experience team leverages best practices and patterns to create an application that enables moms, dads, and allies on their journey to find job opportunities.
As an engineering manager you will help build and manage our teams to meet the growing needs of over 400k active users. You will work with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and the effort involved in delivering key features. You will operate in a leadership role to help peers develop highly performant and well tested code. Additionally, you will mentor developers and manage their performance to deliver a user first experience for our moms, dads, and allies.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and lead engineers.
- Review architecture of the systems you are responsible for
- Work with your team to clearly document the systems and features you build.
- Responsible for keeping the team deliverables on track, following agile processes.
- Help product estimate development effort involved in delivering key business directives.
- Advocate for and educate peers on current and emerging technologies.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging support requests.
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of full-time experience developing consumer facing products.
- 5+ years coding experience in Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years of experience managing agile teams.
- Experience developing RESTful API’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ownership mentality.
- Experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), specifically AWS experience is a plus.
- Production experience with ElasticSearch.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.