Finance Associate, Payroll
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Finance Associate on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. The main function of this role is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. The candidate in this role will be responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers. The role is 100% remote to these locations: Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Matthews, NC, Los Angeles, and San Diego, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for managing incoming tickets, and ensuring tickets are addressed within established service level agreements (SLAs)
- Research and respond to employee payroll-related questions and issues timely
- Develop positive working relationships with business stakeholders and external vendors to resolve issues
- Partner and train the Tier 1 team on payroll items related to tickets and liaise with them regularly
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately
- Understand and adhere to established company policies
- Data review on incoming tickets to identify trends quickly and get in front of employee questions
- Help with projects to ensure effective employee-facing communications
- Key support in payroll tickets for the company
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Fusion of payroll history and ticket solving
- Ability to optimize processes to make things simpler, standard operating procedure (SOP) writing, etc.
- Ticket management experience - ideally high volume
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Ability to work remotely and independently manage one’s time
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations related to accounting
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- High understanding of the industry to properly support
- Basic to comprehensive knowledge of payroll preferred
- Experience with Workday and Salesforce Service Cloud preferred
- Experience writing SOPs and Knowledge Articles for tier 1 environments preferred
- Payroll tax knowledge is a huge plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)/Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification is a plus
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% remote.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of the waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Remote Options: The position is 100% remote to the locations below:
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Houston, TX
- Matthews, NC
- Los Angeles, CA ($28.86 - $38.86)
- San Diego, CA ($26.63 - $36.63)
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.