You are a Finance Manager who has 7 to 10 years of experience who has a strong desire to work within an organization where there are lots of opportunities to expand and pass down your knowledge and experience. You are ready to jump in and get your hands dirty!
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact early member of The Mom Project, and to build upon the foundations of our Finance Operation. Reporting directly to our Controller, you’ll have the opportunity to work on all components of The Mom Project’s finance function.
You are looking for something more from your career. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long-term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
The Mom Project is looking to immediately fill a newly created role on our Finance team to support the growth of our business. This position reports directly to the Controller. The main priorities will be to oversee the monthly close process, implement improvements to scale business processes, develop monthly budget to actual financial reporting, research technical accounting areas and propose solutions to accounting issues.
The skills and qualities you'll need to succeed:
- CPA required
- 7 to 10 years of experience in public/corporate accounting
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Executive reporting and analysis experience
- Team player
- Expert problem-solving skills, is able to recognize and correct a potential accounting issue quickly and effectively
- Communicate effectively with team and others within the organization
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks
- Candidates located in EST and CST preferred
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.