Our Customer is the world's leading music company that owns and operates a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. They identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a Junior Shopify Developer on a contract basis to build new feature sets and interfaces to resolve bugs on our Shopify eCommerce stack. The developer will be responsible for updating and troubleshooting existing code and Shopify apps, optimizing site performance, and developing custom modules and interfaces for our global Shopify eCommerce stack from top-down, standardizing, and templatizing where possible. This position requires knowledge of Shopify and its templating language (Liquid) and an understanding of multiple areas and facets of the eCommerce space, beyond Shopify itself, to build for vastly different client problems/goals while using a single set of underlying core technologies.
What You’ll Do:
• Build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our Shopify storefronts using existing or custom-developed modules and templates.
• Support the store operations team in production launches and daily troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot and assist in the build of interfaces to critical eCommerce systems and technologies, including but not limited to order management system, warehouses, and financial systems.
• Troubleshoot and assist in the build of systems integrations with various other consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech).
• Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
• Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
• Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
• Create technical documentation.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience working on the Shopify platform
• Knowledge of e-commerce technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, OMS, IMS, WMS, credit card processing, tax engine, digital distribution, etc.)
• 2-3 years Shopify theme and app development – Shopify Plus experience a plus, one or more provable Shopify certifications preferred
• Front end frameworks React, Shopify’s Polaris, and jQuery
• Experience with at least 1 Linux distribution
• Experience with task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
• Data applications using Fetch/AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
• Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket/GitHub)
• Experience working within an agile team
• Experience setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Github, and BitBucket
• Solid understanding of Shopify and general eCommerce and consumer marketing technologies
• In-depth knowledge of Shopify and its templating language (Liquid)
• Proficiency in responsive design principles
• Knowledge of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
• Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated
• Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability
• Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices
• Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure, fast-paced agile environment
• Customer-first mentality with the ability to empathize and create customer loyalty
• Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay on the cutting edge of web technology
• Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problems
Nice to Haves:
• Knowledge of AWS design and infrastructure
• Experience with multiple Linux distributions
• 1-2 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
• Experience developing mobile applications
• Authentication and authorization technologies a plus: SAML, OAuth, OpenID
• Proficiency with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
• A strong understanding of database management and performant database design
• Experience integrating with web services (REST, and GraphQL) and third-party libraries
• Experience with containerization, docker, docker-compose
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s Philadelphia, PA location.
Now for Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.