You are someone who brings your life experience to create products that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents. You use data to inform roadmaps, but you also know when you have enough information for action. You love the challenge of prioritizing user needs amongst multiple business objectives. You enjoy growing from diverse perspectives and coworkers while collaborating with others in a cross-functional team, and across departments.
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you’ll do:
- Draft initial contract documents from templates and conduct first-pass review of external paper
- Conduct minor redline edits and provide negotiation assistance
- Assist with managing contracts for our varied book of business, including master service agreements, statements of work, amendments, NDAs, purchase orders, and related legal agreements.
- Partner with internal teams (Sales, Operations, Finance) and customers to drive through the contracting process
- Assist with the organization of information, contract stage reporting, and building automated intake and approval processes.
- Identify and help implement process improvements to policies and procedures
- Assist in responding to requests for information and other documentation from internal and external parties
- Facilitate collection & maintenance of ancillary documentation, such as W-9, CA-590, certificates of insurance, company profile, etc.
- Access external customer online portals to upload and maintain company information and documentation
- Provide general administrative and project coordination support
The skills and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in a paralegal or contract administration role within the staffing industry or with indirect contingent labor contracts. Experience with MSPs and/or VMS programs will capture our attention!
- Firm knowledge of staffing industry legal risks, requirements, and potential pitfalls.
- Strong knowledge of contracting language required for sales contracts such as limitation of liability, indemnification, risk-aversion clauses.
- Work experience in contracting with various sized customers - from fortune 500 customers to small & medium sized businesses.
- Strong presentation skills accompanied with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, analysis), Word (document protection, redlining, formatting), and DocuSign required. Smartsheet & Salesforce experience is a huge plus but not required.
- Ability to excel in a cross-functional, complex team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.