You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 1M+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team, specifically to support our New Bets team focused on exploratory opportunities for our users. You’ll work collaboratively and iteratively with product and engineering to create holistic and high quality user experiences that effortlessly balance user and business goals as part of a two-sided marketplace.
You’ll drive projects through the end-to-end design process, including strategy, problem framing, ideation, information architecture, testing, execution and launch. You’re passionate and committed to putting the user at the center of what you do. As part of a small but growing design team, you’ll have the opportunity to apply UX best practices across our entire platform in a fast paced start-up environment as well as be a part of further strengthening our design culture.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the product team, engineers, and other designers to create intuitive and highly creative experiences for our users
- Partner with research and product to uncover pain points and opportunities and leverage those to develop design strategies for solving user problems
- Interpret business needs, objectives, and direction from multiple stakeholders and integrate feedback into the user experience
- Create a range of UX/UI deliverables, including user flowcharts, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface mockups
- Think big picture about the product experience for both B2B and B2C users, build upon the UI style guide and component system, and establish UX patterns that will be utilized across the product
- Partner closely with engineers as you are designing to understand how it will be built and through execution
- Maintain UX and UI consistency across projects
- Help shape the Design team culture
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of UX/UI experience
- Proficiency using Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, or other UX/UI design tools
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field, or real world experience
- Deep understanding of UX/UI trends, and ability to always put the user’s needs first
- Experience in taking projects through the end-to-end design process through launch
- Experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with product managers, key stakeholders, and engineers
- Strong portfolio that highlights examples of projects that you’ve taken through the end-to-end design process
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions to the team
- A self-starter attitude, with a strong work ethic and an attention to detail
- Empathy and curiosity
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.