You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Managers that drives solutions on our Match and Infrastructure products.
- Define the strategic roadmap for our Match and Infrastructure teams alongside other PMs and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to scope, test, launch and iterate on our product iterations.
- Be able to deeply empathize with our Employer and Talent users to get to the core of what they need and translate into technical requirements.
- Clearly communicate product benefits to internal stakeholders and balance tradeoffs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, translating high-level information into actionable details, and distinguish user requests from their underlying problems
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to drive informed product decisions; you’re comfortable digging into data and working with our data team to help inform how our product will be built.
- 6+ years experience in product management; B2C and/or marketplace experience is a plus
- Strong technical skills or relevant work experience in order to be able to engage with a deeply technical team effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to interpret disparate user needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact with, understand, and influence diverse teams.
- Experience and comfort with A/B testing, user research methods, and user interviews; you know how to launch an MVP and iterate with quick feedback loops to get to the core of what your clients need.
- Have a natural curiosity that overcomes obstacles to get answers; be scrappy and resourceful to solve ambiguous user problems.
- Data driven with a knack for knowing when and how to use quantitative vs. qualitative data to answer questions
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Competitive Base + Variable Comp
- Company built on Values
- Career pathing
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.