Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Public Policy Extern on a contract basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Focus on working with the many teams across the company responsible for investigating and enforcing our terms and policies governing third party data collection and use
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing, and other privacy requirements in the context of investigations and enforcement
- Serve as an effective voice regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences —particularly around how to develop greater responsibility and accountability in the app developer ecosystem
- Build consensus around innovative solutions to privacy in new technologies and contexts
- 4+ years of experience with counseling clients around product development or privacy, data security, or technology policy issues
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and policy frameworks
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Communication experience and collaborative work ethic
- Experience with privacy issues related to data sharing with third parties
- BA/BS required.
- JD, MPP, or technical degree preferred.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at the San Francisco, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program