A role at this mission-driven E-Commerce company is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. This is a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, they like to have fun too!
If you are self-motivated software engineer who thinks like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results --- let's talk!
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer focused on Backend Web Technologies. Some of the technologies we use are Java, Python, AWS, Elixir, Node, React/Redux. Our general approach is language agnostic, choosing the best language for the job. We are ideally looking for a "T-shaped developer" — someone who has a broad interest and understanding of technology and the web, but also has deep interest in a specialized area. Being a developer here sometimes isn’t a full-time programming job. We want someone who has their own big ideas, loves brainstorming sessions, and will participate in user research.
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO WE WANT?
We are always in search of people that are self-starters, visionary thinkers, and people who don’t mind a little bit of ambiguity. There are many open ended problems that there are no solutions for...yet.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Improve, debug and maintain REST APIs that power our customer facing website. Thinking about scalability, monitoring and security 100% of the time.
· Designing applications from top to bottom. Using your experience and analytical skills to pick between many options with different pros and cons.
· Troubleshooting and fixing tough problems, not being afraid to dig into the details. Hitting quick deadlines and knowing when to push back on requirements
· Mentoring other developers, raising the bar on coding standards and providing meaningful feedback on code changes
· Collaborating with UX, Product Management and other Engineers to think up and build experiments. Iteratively improving the customer experience
· Standing on the front lines to help solve the problems of the day.
· Working in a relaxed atmosphere full of a diverse set of people and skills
· 5-7+ years production software development experience
· BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
· Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
· Experience with web services
· Experience with unit/integration testing
· A deep understanding of Java 8 and experience with the Spring Framework
· Experience with AWS technologies including DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3
· Experience with React, Nodejs and Redux
· Frontend development skills
· Experience with dev ops automation and a reflexive cringe when the continuous deployment pipeline is broken
· Have made major contributions to the design and/or architecture of multiple production projects.... preferably ones that have thousands or millions of users.
· You have strong opinions but also have a strong desire to learn
· A desire to teach others what you know
· You like birthday cake... lots and lots of cake