You are someone who brings your life experience to create products that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents. You use data to inform roadmaps, but you also know when you have enough information for action. You love the challenge of prioritizing user needs amongst multiple business objectives. You enjoy growing from diverse perspectives and coworkers while collaborating with others in a cross-functional team, and across departments.
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic, and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a venture-backed startup HQ'd in a sweet open space in Chicago's River North neighborhood. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a marketplace and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you’ll do:
- Identify new sales opportunities through intensive market, company, and prospect research and outreach
- Work in partnership with mid-market and enterprise sales teams to generate and qualify target accounts and identify viable high-quality prospects
- Prospect, cold call, email, outreach through Linkedin, and find other ways to reach target profiles
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and execute strategies for prospect outreach
- Clearly communicate The Mom Project value proposition with prospects
- Initiate interest with prospects and engage leads in an exploratory conversation
- Leverage market and industry insights accurately when positioning with prospects
- Adjust engagement tactics based on prospect receptiveness
- Report on any updates, industry trends, insights, and competitive news
The skills and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 2 years experience in enterprise outreach, lead gen, or business development related positions
- Demonstrate strong objection and drawback handling techniques
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal) coupled with a keen ability to listen and adjust engagement tactics based on prospect receptiveness
- Experience with cold outreach
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Ability to strike the perfect balance between being enthusiastic and persistent, ensuring we’re at the forefront of the minds of the key decision-makers at our target accounts
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
Full medical, dental, vision
Short and Long Term Disability
Generous Paid Parental Leave
Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
An incredible team that will support and champion your work
Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
Health and Wellness stipend
Learning and Development stipend
Work From Home Your Way Monthly Stipend
The Mom Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....