You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
The Mom Project’s Data Science team leverages data to drive intelligent automation across the product. Our team also empowers business decisions by delivering insights, metrics, and tools. With over 400k moms, dads, and allies in our talent community and a rapidly growing base of employer partners, members of the Data Science team will have opportunities to connect community members with life changing job opportunities and to support community enhancing programs.
As an early member of the Data Science team, you will have the opportunity to solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing experiments, creating models, and collaborating with peers in software engineering, business, and research. A successful candidate will have a strong quantitative background and can thrive in an environment that leverages statistics, machine learning, and business analysis.
What you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or sufficiently similar employment experience
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, recommendation systems, and NLP.
- Programming and statistical skills that allow you to retrieve, analyze, and process data, and build machine learning models from the ground up (e.g. SQL, Python, Ruby, R)
- A history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics
- An understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Willingness to mentor and support peers
- Excitement for our company’s mission
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend