Senior Data Scientist (100% Remote)
Future of Work Talent Marketplace
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team! Our newest team member will lead the development, evaluation, and deployment of our resume-job match engine
Our data science team is full-stack, meaning we own the DS process end-to-end from training models to API deployment. We code in Python, and we use technologies like Docker, Redshift and PyTorch. We work in two-week sprints with daily scrums, bi-weekly planning, demos, and retros.
This role requires machine learning and natural language processing skills, experience using Elasticsearch, and fluent Python.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and other TMP personnel to build new ML/AI features into our hiring and career management platform
- Lead the development of our NLP-based resume-job description match engine
- Work with product managers, data engineers, and solutions architects to scope out requirements for a project
- Undertake one-off ad hoc exploratory analyses to inform plans for delivering new AI/ML-based features
- Contribute to team’s knowledge and help us come up with the best processes for our team
- Advocate for best data practices including thinking about what data we should be collecting
- Develop tools to monitor our models and ensure their performance doesn’t degrade
- Write production-quality Python code for training, evaluating, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models
- Research how best to address particular business requirements using ML/AI techniques, making sure to keep in mind available time and resources
- You have 5-10 years experience in software engineering, data engineering, or full-stack data science, ideally using Python
- You have solid SQL skills and an ability to gather and prepare the data you need to build match and other machine learning models
- You have, or can quickly develop, the capabilities to work as a full-stack data scientist, with an ability to write production-ready Python code, build and evaluate models from scratch, and run exploratory analyses of data
- You have an understanding of machine learning approaches including supervised and unsupervised modeling, collaborative filtering, deep learning, and natural language processing
- You apply industry best practices for data science projects
- You have experience writing production Python code that follows best software engineering practices including writing unit tests and Dockerizing projects
- You have a willingness to take on whatever work needed to get our AI/ML capabilities into production
- You are humble, curious, and hard-working
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
- Career Pathing
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.