You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the team on a variety of product design projects from kick-off to final delivery.
You have a deep knowledge of user experience, UX/UI design trends, typography, accessibility, and best-practices. You’re passionate about design and excited to work on improving the experience for our users. You will be owning product design projects from start to finish by participating in user interviews, creating user experience flows, wireframes, and final designs. Being a contributing member of our design organization, you’ll apply design best practices across our entire platform in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Collaborate with the product team, engineers, and other designers to create intuitive and highly creative experiences for our users
- Participate in user interviews and research, analyze the results, identify pain points, and use those results to develop design strategies for solving user problems
- Interpret business needs, objectives, and direction from multiple stakeholders and integrate feedback into the user experience
- Create a range of UX/UI deliverables, including user flowcharts, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface mockups
- Think big picture about the product experience for both B2B and B2C users, build upon the UI style guide and component system, and establish UX patterns that will be utilized across the product
- Work closely with engineers as you are designing to understand how it will be built
- Maintain UX and UI consistency across projects
- Creative thinking to come up with new ideas and concepts
- Act as a guide and mentor for other Product Designers and help shape the Design team culture
The skills and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of UX/UI experience
- Proficiency using Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe XD, or other UX/UI design tools
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field, or extensive real world experience
- Deep understanding of UX/UI trends, and ability to always put the user’s needs first
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with product managers, key stakeholders, and engineers
- Strong portfolio with UX and UI design with an emphasis on high-fidelity final visual designs
- Experience creating UI Style Guides
- Ability to create iconography
- Great at presenting your work and communicating your design decisions to the team
- Great at giving and receiving feedback to support and improve your work as well as the work of your colleagues
- Illustration skills are a plus!
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....