You are someone who brings your life experience to create engaging experiences that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents. You use data to inform roadmaps, but you also know when you have enough information for action. You love the challenge of prioritizing user needs amongst multiple business objectives. You enjoy growing from diverse perspectives and coworkers while collaborating with others in a cross-functional team, and across departments.
You are a self-starter, strategic and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges in fast paced environments with grace. Delete You do the research to understand the pain points from a wider perspective and solve problems holistically, effectively and efficiently. You ensure that findings are communicated properly to internal and external stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a remote-first scaleup backed by some of the best investors in the world. We are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a marketplace and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women. Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Mom Project employees rely on a range of tools and technologies to continuously improve the customer experience and grow the platform for our hundreds of thousands of talent users. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Internal Tools team who develops and maintains these systems so the surrounding teams can effectively manage their day to day. Our goal is to improve efficiencies and effectiveness across the organization through collaboration, problem solving and continued optimization of our business tool stack.
You’ll have the opportunity to expand your skill set and have a meaningful impact on the daily lives of our internal employees. You will be encouraged to take ownership over deliverables and contribute to, and drive creative problem solving.
In this role, you’ll
- Develop, communicate, promote, and continuously refine product strategy and roadmap aligned with business goals, objectives, and internal users needs.
- Conduct build vs. buy vs. partner analysis and bring recommendations to the Product Director.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, ensure requirements are fully understood and implementation plans match expectations.
- Define success metrics and demonstrate user engagement, efficiencies and value of your tooling portfolio to leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Be the Product champion for our internal users and develop a deep understanding of their workflows, processes, and pain points.
- Actively manage the end-to-end product lifecycle, ensuring the user stories are clearly defined and executed, under an Agile process, delivering on-target solutions and expediting value.
- Ensure product lifecycle deadlines are met, development roadblocks removed and stages completed on time
- Ensure visibility and transparency throughout the development lifecycle for involved parties.
- Share insights and knowledge with the organization to inform other teams’ work
- Be proactive in improving team process, transparency and collaborative practices
- Create and maintain tooling documentation and conduct training sessions.
The skills, experience and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years in Product Management with relevant experience leading technical products
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Sendgrid, Twilio, CRM and applicant tracking systems a plus
- Deep understanding of tool stack complexities, system architecture and the development lifecycle
- Proficient in agile product management practices and tools, experience with Zenhub a plus
- You’re comfortable with internal technology rollouts, experience with integration or deprecation a plus
- Organizational skills and a keen attention to detail; you work in a methodical and structured fashion under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time
- Exceptional and effective communication skills; even in email your meaning is clear, concise, kind and you possess the ability to moderate both online and offline conversations smoothly.
- Self-starter and self-driven; you have no concerns about- and usually prefer to- manage your own schedule.
- Empathetic and understanding personality; working in a startup is an ever-changing landscape!
- Passion for the brand, naturally!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING FOR THE MOM PROJECT:
Our team consists of people just like you who love what they do and do what they love. With 300,000 talented professionals in our network and 2,000 companies signed up to hire moms to drive their businesses forward…we’re just getting started.
- Competitive Base + Variable Comp
- Company built on Values
- Career pathing
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
Will you be part of our story to build a better workplace?