You are someone who brings your life experience to create products that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents. You use data to inform roadmaps, but you also know when you have enough information for action. You love the challenge of prioritizing user needs amongst multiple business objectives. You enjoy growing from diverse perspectives and coworkers while collaborating with others in a cross-functional team, and across departments.
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig a balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic, and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $200M in earning potential by connecting our 500,000+ moms and mom-supporters with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the efforts for our platform team. In close partnership with engineering and product leaders from across the business, you will enable application developers to create technology that allows our technical teams to build efficiently and productively. In your role, you will be part of leading developer facing aspects of our infrastructure and core services.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application
What you’ll do:
- Define and clearly communicate the strategy for the Platform team alongside cross-functional stakeholders
- Engage with engineering, product, and cross-functional teams to identify needs of our product platform and turn those into prioritized requirements
- Partner closely with engineering and product teams to regularly ship new systems and features
- Define, supervise, and report on goals for infrastructure investments
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal partners to all of TMP
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years experience in product management or engineering; consumer or B2B SAAS experience is a plus
- Experience working directly with platform teams is a must
- You have a proven track record of shipping products consumed by software engineers or internal product engineering teams
- You can balance and prioritize the needs of partners, and you can successfully set and manage their expectations
- Have a natural curiosity that overcomes obstacles to get answers; be scrappy and resourceful to solve ambiguous user problems.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.