You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
The Mom Project (TMP) is excited to find a motivated Sr. SecOps Engineer passionate about building a stable, scalable, and most importantly, secure product. As an early member of the Security team, you’ll primarily be responsible for overseeing the security of the cloud infrastructure (AWS) used by our applications and developers. In addition, you may work with other business units and teams to implement policies and practices across the organization, enabling employees to work efficiently while protecting our data. Our goal is to secure the systems and automations that drive our business-critical platform while maintaining operational flexibility.
- 3+ years of experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and some experience working specifically with AWS
- Built systems to secure and monitor cloud architectures, ranging from build pipelines to cloud deployment to client/server communication
- Experienced the tradeoffs in various solutions to common software platform problems, with specific acumen for security
- Regularly led and collaborated with cross-functional teams of engineers organized around a particular goal
- Helped scale the engineering organization and mentored engineers on best practices in secure software design and architecture
- Participated in security assessments and advised on both internal and customer security and privacy needs (e.g. SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR, penetration testing, enterprise product requests, etc.)
- A strong foundation in security from a software, systems, and network standpoint
- A good understanding of networking, security, and protocols - HTTP, SSL/TLS, load balancing, caching, proxying
- Familiarity with Unix, bash scripting, process management, file system, daemons
- Curiosity and creativity -- we want to know why something happened in addition to just that it happened
- Humility and a desire to take input and learn from anyone on the team
We’re especially excited about candidates who have experience working with some (or all!) of the following technologies:
- AWS ECS
- Monitoring and observability solutions (New Relic, Datadog, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Security Groups and IAM
- AWS Lambda Functions
- Elastic Beanstalk
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.