Senior Software Engineer (100% Remote)
Future of Work Talent Marketplace
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
What you'll do:
The Mom Project is looking for a senior software developer to join our growing Engineering team. As a senior developer you will help our platform scale to meet the growing needs of over 400k active users. You'll work with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and the effort involved in delivering key features. You will operate in a leadership role to help peers develop highly performant and well tested code. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to mentor more junior developers and lead with a strong sense of ownership to deliver a user first experience for our moms, dads, and allies.
- Mentor and lead more junior engineers.
- Develop performant, scalable, and well tested systems.
- Clearly documenting the systems and features you build.
- Help product estimate development effort involved in delivering key business directives.
- Advocate for and educate peers on current and emerging technologies.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging support requests.
- 3 years of full-time experience with software development in one or more programming languages
- 3 year of experience with data structures or algorithms
- Experience developing RESTful API’s.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL.
- Strong experience in testing best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ownership mentality.
- Experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), specifically AWS experience is a plus.
- Production experience with ElasticSearch.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.