You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
The Mom Project is looking for a senior software developer to work on our new Platform Experience team. The Platform Experience team leverages best practices and patterns to create an application that enables moms, dads, and allies on their journey to find job opportunities.
As a senior developer you will help our platform scale to meet the growing needs of over 400k active users. You'll work with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and the effort involved in delivering key features. You will operate in a leadership role to help peers develop highly performant and well tested code. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to mentor more junior developers and lead with a strong sense of ownership to deliver a user first experience for our moms, dads, and allies.
- Mentor and lead more junior engineers.
- Develop performant, scalable, and well tested systems.
- Clearly documenting the systems and features you build.
- Help product estimate development effort involved in delivering key business directives.
- Advocate for and educate peers on current and emerging technologies.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging support requests.
- 5+ years of full-time experience developing consumer facing products.
- 5+ years coding experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience developing RESTful API’s.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL.
- Strong experience in testing best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ownership mentality.
- Experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), specifically AWS experience is a plus.
- Production experience with ElasticSearch.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.