You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
What you’ll do:
- Make direct contributions and regularly push small to medium scale changes to our Ruby on Rails and React based features.
- Work with the team to break down project plans into clearly defined technical tasks.
- Work with a team to deliver software iteratively.
- Actively participate in team processes, code reviews, and troubleshooting.
- Support your peers and contribute to their technical growth.
- Clearly articulate technical tradeoffs.
- Look for opportunities to improve our processes and to reduce technical debt.
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working on a front-end framework.
- Experience leading technical projects and making trade offs with an eye for broader company/project goals.
- You are a clear and effective communicator, whether you are writing code or technical designs. You can explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers at the right level of detail.
- Experience building, operating and maintaining resilient, scalable distributed services is a plus.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.