Solutions Architect (ML/AI) (100% Remote, @TheMomProject)
Future of Work Talent Marketplace
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an ML/AI Architect to coordinate the buildout of our machine learning infrastructure, manage development and maintenance of our next-generation job skills ontology, and promote data-centric AI/ML development. You will drive the development and management of our job description and skills graph, leading the design of capabilities to refine and manage it. This system will form the foundation for a next-generation educational system to help diverse workforce talent build their dream careers.
Our data science team is full-stack, meaning we own the DS process end-to-end from training models to API deployment. We code in Python, and we use technologies like Docker, Redshift and PyTorch. We work in two-week sprints with daily scrums, bi-weekly planning, demos, and retros.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the solution architect for the buildout of our full-loop end-to-end machine learning infrastructure, which includes collaborative filtering, natural language processing, and more in support of recruiting operations and career management
- Align technical implementation with existing and future requirements by gathering inputs from multiple stakeholders–business users, data scientists, security professionals, data engineers, analysts, and those in IT operations
- Work with product managers, data scientists, data engineers, and full-stack web developers to scope specific projects designed to improve our ability to deploy, monitor, and maintain machine learning and other artificial intelligence capabilities
- Advocate for best data practices including thinking about what data we should be collecting and how we should be storing and managing it
- Play a key role in defining the AI/ML architecture and selecting appropriate technologies including text annotation, graph database, data warehouse, model management, and other tools
- Understand the data available in the business. Ensure it is made available to the data science team for use in building and deploying AI/ML capabilities and that the data scientists properly understand the characteristics of the data items.
- As necessary, drive the collection and production of new datasets or enriched data, by purchasing it externally, running manual labeling projects, or other approaches
- Develop API specs in consultation with the consuming teams and the data science team, so that the data science team publishes APIs in an elegant, useful, and maintainable way
- Serve as the key link between data science and the privacy/security team to ensure that data science properly protects data
- You have ten or more years experience in solutions architecture, driving the development of complex systems that meet business requirements using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom-built components.
- You understand modern ML/AI systems development, including data-centric AI development approaches
- You must have experience architecting complex information systems but other people will be doing the work of building them. This is not a programming position.
- You have experience in solutions architecture, producing useful technology-powered capabilities using a variety of off-the-shelf and custom-built components
- You can come quickly up to speed on new modeling techniques that the data scientists are using, from a conceptual perspective, and understand what support these techniques might need from our end-to-end AI/ML system
- You have experience developing and managing text labeling taxonomies that support recommendation engines, natural language processing, and other ML/AI systems for diverse NLP tasks such as named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, text classification, and chatbot implementation
- You can coordinate across product management, customer success, engineering, data science, and QA to drive the development of a modern ML/AI infrastructure focused on text-based career information (resumes, job descriptions, educational syllabi, etc)
- You are capable of undertaking ad hoc analytics projects in order to evaluate suggested solutions for improving the machine learning foundation of The Mom Project’s platform
- You have extensive experience and understanding of database systems including knowledge of SQL and expertise in data modeling, for both SQL and NoSQL systems
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
- Career Pathing
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.