You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
At the Mom Project, we are passionate about solving hard problems at ‘big data’ scale. Your contributions will enable massive social value and economic opportunity. The Match Engineering team is enabling The Mom Project’s success through the development and maintenance of Machine learning systems to scale job placements. As one of the early members of this team, you will play a critical role in implementing systems to support a growing community of moms, dads, and allies find work, and enable our employers to diversify their employees. Your daily work will focus on experimenting with, designing, and implementing automated curation and recommendation systems, defining best practices for data processing for the engineering community, and communicating with business stakeholders.
You should be familiar with supporting Data Science and Machine Learning workflows, and should leverage that knowledge to inform your design decisions. Our team’s product will act as the interface between data science and engineering, and will substantially impact the talent management teams who will rely on accurate and efficient curation to connect job seekers with employers.
What you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in CS or sufficiently similar employment experience
- 2+ years leading data intensive engineering development
- 2+ years collaborating with business or data science stakeholders
- Built, scaled, and maintained growing data sets
- Developed production code running on distributed systems
- Some familiarity with statistics and machine learning (comfort with vetting, but not necessarily generating, statistical methodology and models)
- Experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure), specifically AWS experience is a plus
- Experience using Ruby/Rails is helpful but not required
- Willingness to mentor and support peers
- Excitement for our company’s mission
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend