You are someone who brings your life experience to create products that truly make a difference in the lives of working parents. You use data to inform roadmaps, but you also know when you have enough information for action. You love the challenge of prioritizing user needs amongst multiple business objectives. You enjoy growing from diverse perspectives and coworkers while collaborating with others in a cross-functional team, and across departments.
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
What you’ll do:
The Talent Onboarding Specialist is instrumental in The Mom Project’s overall success with both our customers and our talent community. The position implements talent activities by coordinating and completing a variety of tasks to support our end customer’s onboarding process, including processing new hire paperwork, conducting background checks, entering data in various systems, answering talent inquiries, and ensuring compliance.
- Own the contractor Talent onboarding process (documentation, screening requirements, etc.) and experience for placements (W-2 and 1099) across all our business lines
- Work with our Employer of Record partners to ensure smooth Talent onboarding while ensuring full compliance with all legal and customer requirements
- Initiate and ensure completion of required background screenings, customer forms, internal documentation, or other onboarding requirements prior to the target start date
- Update and standardize process documentation for our lines of business and different types of talent engagements.
- Identify and implement process improvements to shorten onboarding cycle time and continuously improve the onboarding experience
- Partner with Ops & Finance to update contractual documentation
- Streamline handoff between Sales, Ops, and Finance to ensure all documentation is complete and stored prior to Talent commencing work.
- Facilitate new placement swag and gift card shipments
The skills and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years’ experience within a Human Resources department, or a staffing firm, in a high-volume talent onboarding role.
- Previous experience in conducting background checks and managing compliance
- Strong experience in MS Suite/Google Suite and Docusign
- Demonstrated ability to move quickly without compromising integrity, intuition, and quality
- Proven success delivering results in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth, yet collaborative environment. Must be highly comfortable working under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong passion for process improvement, internal and external customer service, and obsessive attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Remote Team
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Your Way Monthly Stipend
The Mom Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....