Our client is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, our client has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, our client has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States.
Do sentences that use the wrong tense and punctuation drive you crazy? Does crafting microcopy with an inclusive tone of voice make your heart sing? Join the Product Design team and help us build products that turn money into a tool for happiness as our UX Copywriter.
We're working to build a diverse, inclusive, and user-centric design organization to help us make products that have a meaningful impact on how people approach borrowing money to achieve their goals. The UX Copywriter plays a critical role in defining how we communicate to our members and applicants in our products and services. We believe in leveraging individual strengths to build an even stronger overall team and would love to hear about yours.
This is a 100% remote role (Based in the United States)
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE
Write and maintain content for our client products and services
- Demonstrate knowledge of UX writing, content design, and readability best practices.
- Align Product UI voice and writing styles to brand voice and tone style guide.
- Write with an empowering, inclusive, and accessible voice and tone that is in line with our research findings and brand guidelines
- Collaborate with designers to ensure quality and consistency of content for our client products and services
- Collaborate with marketing and brand partners on taxonomy and language for the client brand
Collaborate and partner with a cross-functional team to improve the content and copy of our products and services
- Partner with UX, product management, marketing, and legal and compliance teams to identify content strategy goals and define content success criteria.
- Provide honest, constructive feedback on designs and content deliverables with kindness and humility.
- Help mentor team members who aren't as familiar with UX writing.
- Identify team members with complementary skill sets and strategically leverage those opportunities to improve how we write and show up for our members in our client products and services.
Begin to develop a strategic direction for the product content that is grounded in usability principles and research
- Leverage UX research to improve how we communicate in our products.
- Continuously iterate on UI content and microcopy, leveraging research findings to build products that have a meaningful impact on people's lives.
- Gain an understanding of our product design principles and leverage them to make decisions on product content.
Collaborate with Design and Development teams to ensure content consistency across the product development lifecycle
- Work with the teams to ensure that what you write gets shipped.
- Provide clear documentation within Ditto and Figma for content changes to ensure the teams understand what changes need to be made.
- Leverage Ditto to create a library of content components for use in our products, ensuring consistency in voice and tone across the client product ecosystem.
- You’re looking for meaningful mission-based work
- You’re looking to join and help build a diverse team of designers, researchers, and writers and understand how diversity in ideas, backgrounds, and ways of thinking and working can help us make better, more inclusive products
- You want to help all people become happier with their finances by contributing to reinventing how people think about debt, lending, and achieving their goals.
- You’re ready to brave the ups and downs, the ins and outs of joining a growth stage company iterating to improve not just our products but also how we work together in a distributed-first environment.
- And last but not least, you’re probably very passionate about words, writing, and communicating to people through digital products and services.
Here at our client, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!