Visual Designer (Contractor)
Future of Work Talent Marketplace
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have U.S. residency at the time of application.
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 1M+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
As a part-time Visual Designer, you’ll be an integral part of the Product Design team, focused on creating impeccable, brand-aligned visuals to uplevel the quality of our product and weave the brand throughout the full user experience. You’ll report to the Sr. Director of Product Design.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product Designers, UX Researchers and Content Designers to raise the visual bar of our experiences
- Create a variety of visual assets that we can use throughout the product and for user-facing assets. This would include logged-out and logged-in pages as well as assets like pitch decks. These include but are not limited to illustrations, icons, banners, photography, paid ads, email marketing campaigns, product education, and other assets.
- Work with content and product designers as well as the brand team to translate business and marketing strategies into scalable creative campaign concepts
- Maintain and evolve those elements as needed from a visual standpoint based on user feedback, etc
- Work closely with product designers, researchers, and marketing partners to make sure our product and components are visually consistent
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of graphic design experience for web products
- Proficiency with industry-standard design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Canva) and Google Slides
- Strong portfolio that highlights examples of your digital work, particularly on the web
- Experience creating demo videos for products
- Experience in taking projects through the end-to-end design process through launch
- Strong storyteller - great at presenting your work and communicating your design decisions to the team
- Great at giving and receiving feedback to support and improve your work as well as the work of your colleagues
- A self-starter attitude, with a strong work ethic and an attention to detail
- Empathy and curiosity
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.