VP of People
The Mom Project is seeking a visionary Vice President of People to own our People, DE&I and Talent Acquisition functions. The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a marketplace and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women. We're the fastest growing professional talent marketplace in the US. with 325,000+ community members; 1,500 customers, 70+ Fortune 2000's and growing - Fast.
As our VP of People you will join our leadership team, acting as a strategic and tactical People Business Partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives. You will drive all people operations, performance management, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, learning and career development, and workforce planning. You will also provide strategic counsel to our Executive team on Total Rewards - including benefits, payroll and compensation, People Systems and Operations aspects related to People.
- Vision and Strategy: Work with our leadership team and the organization at large, to collaborative, build upon, and execute on the long-term vision for all People functions a consistently improving our effectiveness and helping us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and all change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, collaborative and innovative team
- Values and Culture: Help maintain our core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs; Focus on developing a diverse, emotionally intelligent and inclusive culture through the development of culture initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Develop and implement inclusion strategies in partnership with - Leadership, Talent Acquisition, ERGs, MomProject.org and our Mom Community Team. Work with employees at all levels to develop inclusive thinking and to address inclusion needs.
- Capability and Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives; prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts that support overall business goals
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with Talent Acquisition team and leadership to recruit top talent for the company that aligns with workforce plans and objectives; Design Employment branding initiatives that increase brand awareness; Executive recruitment
- Team Building: Lead and grow a People team that executes effectively against goals; Directly or matrix manage People operations team members who handle Operational aspects such as payroll, rewards/benefits, systems, etc.
- Leadership Effectiveness & Development: Partner with CEO and Leadership team to drive leadership development and effectiveness, ensure executive alignment and drive performance aligned with business strategy.
- Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition: Liaise with leaders at all levels to provide HR business partnership support. Execute company-wide performance management programs that helps us identify high and low performers and drives continuous, transparent feedback across all disciplines
- Learning and Development: Build scalable learning and organizational development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
- You think strategically but also deliver on tactical and operational issues; This is a very hands on role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting with a small, but high performing team.
- You are an experienced coach across the full spectrum of seniority
- You have owned workforce planning from start to finish
- You have a track record of being a partner to managers across a variety of functional areas as well as demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- You have proven success in delivering high-impact people programs around performance management, team engagement and team retention
- You have the proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals
- You have 10+ years of progressive and hands on Human Resources and People experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading People/HR/Talent teams in high tech growth companies
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
- An incredible team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Your Way Monthly Stipend
The Mom Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....